Rachelle Lafevre's Statement

Go down

Rachelle Lafevre's Statement

Post by Claire on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:07 pm

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Summit Entertainment announced the replacement of “Twilight Saga” star Rachelle
Lefevre in the series’ third film, “Eclipse" – and fans weren’t the only ones surprised by the news — Rachelle was shocked as well!

“I was stunned by Summit’s decision to recast the role of Victoria for ‘Eclipse,’”
Rachelle said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

On Tuesday, Summit announced that Bryce Dallas Howard would be taking on the role
in “Eclipse,” due in May 2010.

“I was fully committed to the ‘Twilight’ saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria,” Rachelle continued, explaining the turn of events that led to the casting change. “I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules. My commitment to ‘Barney’s Version’ is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for ‘Eclipse.’ Although the production schedule for ‘Eclipse’ is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for ‘Eclipse,’ never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10 day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.” The star concluded her statement with a regretful tone.“I am greatly saddened that I will not get to complete my portrayal of Victoria for the ‘Twilight’ audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I’ve received since being cast for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit’s surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of ‘Eclipse’ only the very best,” she said.

Claire
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Rachelle Lafevre's Statement

Post by Loops on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:45 pm

After reading the Summit statement, I think its her own fault. Filming of a movie like Eclipse is going to be immense, they have so much to do, and IMO she should have checked it out with SUMMIT BEFORE accepting the role.
Loops
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:47 pm

i totally agree, plus if they moved thing around to accomodate her it would probably cost a small fortune

Claire
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loops on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:48 pm

Yeah it does cost a hell f a lot, and lets face it, shes not the biggest star, theres lots more and if they know whats what so should she
Loops
Co - Admin
Co - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down